Our multi-day, 15 hour class (six consecutive 2.5 hour weeknight classes, or a three-day weekend intensive), is set up in a fun and interactive format, encouraging students to get to know each other. Each day of class will have a birthing segment, a comfort measure segment, and a postpartum/newborn segment, to help you prepare for both your home birth and your first few weeks with your new baby
Home Birth Preparation
- Understanding your home birth options
- Maximizing your chances for a healthy home birth
- Home birth supplies – what do you really need?
- Birth pool set-up for home birth
- Home birth safety
- Understanding the normal process of birth
- Comfort measures for your home birth
- Tips for partners at a home birth
- Preparing your home for the birth
- Make a birth plan: in-class workshop!
- The need-to-knows about hospital birth in case of a hospital transfer or change of plans…
PLUS Life With A New Baby
- Preparing for the first few weeks
- Breastfeeding basics
- Diapering and clothes
$425 includes a free Home Birth Supply Kit, online access to educational resources, and a copy of Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Sarah Buckley).
(Courses starting Feb 2016 or earlier are $395 but without a copy of Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering).